As we enter our next stage of growth, we are looking for a Software Engineer focused on back-end development and distributed systems. We emphasise performant, efficient and reliable infrastructure that supports hundreds of millions of users across a range of different services.
Our core technology is primarily written in Go, with a few services written in JS. Most of our infrastructure runs on microservice architecture and is deployed on Google Cloud (typically GKE).
In this role you will work across multiple different products such as multiplayer game servers, chatbots, internal tools and game services. Our team collaborates with multiple different departments within FRVR and our partners.
- Experience working with microservice architecture, and async messaging systems such as NATS
- Good understanding of both NoSQL and SQL databases as well as in-memory data stores such as Redis
- Some knowledge and experience working with Kubernetes, Docker and Google Cloud
- A drive to learn and implement new technologies
- Proficient in English - we’re a global team
- Familiarity with functional programming and basics of computer science like data structures and algorithms
None of these are necessary for the role, but would be a bonus if you had
- Experience in the video game industry
- Some front end development and modern JS tooling experience
- Experience with GRPC
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Interest in Rust and Web Assembly
*Regardless of whether or not you meet all the criteria, please apply if you think you would be a good fit
What else you should know:
- You will have a permanent work contract;
- You will have a top tier health insurance;
- You will have 23 vacation days per year;
- We have a flexible working setup - currently full remote but intend to have a full office in central Lisbon and keep a flexible remote policy;