FRVR is looking for a talented backend engineer to work on the game “Worlds FRVR”. Within this role you will be a part of a fun, talented, inclusive and dedicated game studio focused on Worlds FRVR where your primary responsibility is leading the backend related development and operations in collaboration with the rest of the development team, where you will be working with systems such as Google Cloud and Kubernetes.
The Worlds team is to a large extent self-organizing and very nimble, where everyone has a big impact on the direction of the game. You can play the game here: https://worlds.frvr.com
- Be very much hands-on in building and improving both games, and their associated tooling, such as the game engine, and backend API integrations.
- Improve and maintain game server deployments used by millions of users.
- Contribute to testing and code reviews.
- Be an ambassador for software development best practices, leading by example as well as ensuring the right processes are in place to maintain the highest standards and best practices across the team.
- Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Contribute to team development and provide guidance to junior team members.
What we really need:
- You come with several years of tech lead experience.
- You have a keen interest in gaming and have worked on previous games from start to finish.
- A pragmatic approach to software development, with a healthy balance between the “hacker” and “architecture" mindset.
- Passion for top-notch and bugless code - our games are played by millions of users and we don’t want to let them down.
- A strong understanding that how the end product feels is more important than all the principles of software development. We love great code but we also aim at consistent user experiences and a user-driven interface - your code must reflect this.
- Passionate, self-driven and able to work with little supervision towards a common team or company purpose.
- A true team player who cares about collaborative culture and ongoing process improvements as part of a cross-functional team consisting of developers, game artists and designers and channel partners.
- Comfortable working with git and agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Strong proficiency in verbal and written English - we’re a global team.
What would be nice to have:
- WebGL rendering experience
- Node experience for highly scaled systems.
- Some compiler or low-level optimization experience
What else you should know:
- You will have a permanent work contract.
- You will have a top tier health insurance.
- You will have 23 vacation days per year.
- We have a flexible working setup - currently full remote but intend to have a full office in central Lisbon and keep a flexible remote policy.