FRVR is a growth stage games platform and publishing company building an expansive, cross-channel ecosystem that connects billions through amazing games instantly. FRVR’s proprietary technology and global reach represent a sea change for players and game developers. By democratising game distribution & discovery, eliminating downloads, and providing game makers of any size with robust development and live game operating tools, FRVR reduces cost and eliminates friction for creators while connecting them with billions of players worldwide.
Founded & led by seasoned entrepreneurs and game-makers and backed by leading investors, FRVR has seen explosive growth. FRVR games have been downloaded 2 billion times. Through partnerships with companies including Facebook, Samsung, Snap, and TikTok, the company currently supports a growing player base of 2 million daily active players across an ever-expanding portfolio of games.
FRVR seeks passionate game-makers, technologists, data ninjas, product, and business leaders at all levels to join an incredible team and empower creators to serve their players better anywhere, on any device.
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a Head of Data Analytics to lead our data efforts. You will manage and grow a top-notch team of analysts and data scientists supporting all critical areas of the business. In your role you will shape the direction of Analytics within the company, defining and implementing the best solutions and tools for our business objectives. You will be seen as the ambassador of good data practices and processes across the company.
Challenges & Responsibilities
- Lead the analytics team, catering for their growth and performance as well as the team’s hiring needs.
- Define overall data strategy and roadmap, taking into account diverse business goals
- Collaborate with other data roles and engineers in handling and defining FRVR’s data architecture, data collection, modelling and governance, promoting a scaleable, business oriented and cost-effective data lake.
- Promote a data-driven culture aligned with stakeholder autonomy, advising on best practices and showcasing impactful insights
- Verify the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and research solutions for improvements.
- Develop ways of working with product, growth, and data engineering to reduce waste/noise
- Partner with business owners, product owners and stakeholders to validate business and product assumptions, provide analytical guidance and influence company strategy and roadmap planning
We are looking for someone with
- Proven experience in leading a data team and scaling processes from scratch, ideally in a F2P gaming company or similar
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage high-performing, diverse teams
- Able to communicate and articulate analytical concepts to Leadership and business owners to drive alignment
- Strong first principles thinking and ability to distil complex systems into component parts
- Experience translating requirements into actionable tasks for technical teams
- Strong SQL skills (no specific flavour) and understanding of modern data stack tech
- Subject matter expert (or close) in statistical know-how, including expertise in experimentation
- Working familiarity with a domain-specific language such as Python or R
- Previous working experience with BI tools such as Data Studio, Tableau or Looker
- Experience with a cloud data warehouse for manipulating, transforming, and analysing complex data
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
If you also have these experiences, it will be a bonus:
- Good understanding of data engineering-related topics
What else you should know:
You will have a permanent work contract
You will have a top tier health insurance
You will have 23 vacation days
We have a flexible working setup
We offer a paid sabbatical after 3 years with us