Senior Game Developer
FRVR is a growth stage games platform and publishing company building an expansive, cross-channel ecosystem that connects billions through amazing games instantly. FRVR’s proprietary technology and global reach represent a sea change for players and game developers. By democratizing game distribution & discovery, eliminating downloads, and providing game makers of any size with robust development and live game operating tools, FRVR reduces cost and eliminates friction for creators while connecting them with billions of players worldwide.
Founded & led by seasoned entrepreneurs and game-makers and backed by leading investors, FRVR has seen explosive growth. FRVR games have been downloaded 2 billion times. Through partnerships with companies including Facebook, Samsung, Snap, and TikTok, the company currently supports a growing player base of 2 million daily active players across an ever-expanding portfolio of games.
FRVR seeks passionate game-makers, technologists, data ninjas, product, and business leaders at all levels to join an incredible team and empower creators to serve their players better anywhere, on any device.
FRVR develops game engines that perform efficiently and provide an excellent experience on any device with a screen, along with robust backend systems that can handle a staggering number of requests per second without faltering.
Our games are played by millions daily, so we prioritize their experience and empower game developers to easily create outstanding games for 30+ channels and platforms using tools, standardized solutions, and automation - and we do it all in a scrappy way with a small team of great devs, because we appreciate flexible, talented people who are good at moving fast and focusing their efforts on the things that matters most.
We're seeking a new team member who thrives on the challenge of crafting sleek, resilient tech and products that facilitate game developers in creating amazing games with minimal effort. Our aim is to entertain people worldwide, whether they're using a Chromebook, a high-end Samsung tablet, a hand-me-down iPhone, or any other device.
Challenges & Responsibilities:
- Champion software development best practices;
- Be hands-on in building and enhancing games, game engines, backend API integrations, and associated tooling;
- Participate in testing and code reviews;
- Develop and maintain team standards and best practices;
- Create technical documentation that effectively shares knowledge;
- Support team development and provide guidance to junior team members.
We are looking for someone with:
- Pragmatic approach to software development, balancing "hacker" and "architect" mindsets, with adaptability in languages, tooling, and knowledge of core computer science concepts;
- Passion for production-hardened code - our games are played by millions of users daily, and you're committed to quality and highly testable code;
- Comfortable working with git and agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban;
- Passionate, self-driven, and able to work with minimal supervision toward a common team or company goal;
- Proficient in English - we’re a global team.
If you also have these experiences, it will be a bonus:
- Experience with browser rendering tech like WebGL, Canvas and WebGPU;
- Experience working with 2d/3d engines, eg. Pixi, Phaser, Three.js;
- Node experience for highly scaled systems;
- Experience in gaming or comparable industries.
What else you should know (Perks):
- Permanent work contract 📝
- 30 vacation days ☀️ 🏝
- Workplace Allowance of 250€ per year 📎
- Personal Training Budget of 600€ per year 🎓
- Hybrid working setup 👩💻
- You will be a part of a fun & playful working culture 🏀
- After 3 years with FRVR, you can take your own Mini-Sabbatical: 1 extra month vacation + 2500€ budget 🧳✈️
- Please bring your pet with you, we love it 🐈 ❤️ 🐶
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Our Perks and Benefits
🌴 Respect for personal and family lifestyle
🎮 Game-time at work
🧘🏻♂️ Health & Wellness initiatives
🏢 Regular Demo Sessions and Town Halls
💸 Competitive Pay and Flexible Benefits
💻 Top notch personal equipment
🍹Company-wide cocktail sessions
🐶 Office Dog (and cat!)🐈
Life at FRVR
We are a startup with global talent spread all over Europe and we’re building our core team from Lisbon, Portugal. We are a remote friendly organization, but still believe in the beauty of face-to-face interaction and the sharing of an office space. We have colleagues with all types of backgrounds and experiences and a healthy combination of game industry veterans and people who are new to the industry. From board game nerds to amateur chefs, from wine enthusiasts to informal gardeners, from Jiu-Jitsu masters to dog lovers, we have a curious bunch that we can call a team.
FRVR is an instant gaming distribution platform and we fundamentally believe that everyone deserves easy access to fun entertainment. We are redefining game distribution as the world leader in building successful game channels beyond the app stores. Our mission is to democratize game distribution by delivering great games for everyone, everywhere.
Senior Game Developer
Loading application form
Already working at FRVR?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.